找回密码
 注册

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主: yellowskin

BOC 英国海外公民 集中营 让我们杀出一条路来

[复制链接]
发表于 3-5-2008 01:23 AM | 显示全部楼层

回复 20# ys2008 的帖子

对不起, 来,我们把它顶上来先. yellowskin, 因为BOC不多了, 所以呢没那么多人来参与. 或许我建议你分享你申请BOC护照的经验.
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 31-5-2009 11:46 PM | 显示全部楼层
就是说,即使申请到了,基本上还是没有用的吗?结果要工作还是要申请work permit?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 1-6-2009 10:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 siuncc 于 31-5-2009 11:46 PM 发表
就是说,即使申请到了,基本上还是没有用的吗?结果要工作还是要申请work permit?

对对对, at the end u still need working permit!
我的朋友两公婆, 去欧洲玩,老公那Boc的!到了西班牙后,不能入境! 因为需要visa! 反而老婆没事,因为老婆拿的是malaysia passport!

so BOC 只是好听, at the end 只是一个没用的东东!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-7-2009 11:19 PM | 显示全部楼层
我回来了。在此为相关人士带来一些资讯。

To all BOCs,
This is to confirm our peaceful rally on the 27th July. The organiser, London Citizens have obtained permission from all the relevant departments including police for the rally. Home Office has agreed to accept our letter at the end of our rally. The purpose of the letter is to ask the Minister Of Immigration to meet us at a later date and discuss how the issue can be resolved. You should wear only Black or White top for the rally. The atmosphere is Solemn and Calm. Please refrain from making jokes or shouting.

As agreed before. All BOCs will meet at Westminster Tube Station from 11am onwards. We then have to make our way to the Sanctuary by 12pm, after 30minutes briefing at 12.30pm, we and 100-200 supporters will start making our way to the HO headquarter to hand in our letter. Please find attached the latest map.

Please allocate an hour after the rally for further discussion. Location to be confirmed.

-------------------

至所有BOC,

这封信件主要是要通知七月二十七日的活动,London Citizens已经取得各部门包括警方的许可以便让大家能够参加这次的活动。内政部已同意委派代表接收我们的信件。信件内容是请求移民部长Phil Woolas抽空接见BOC代表详谈解决方案。这次活动请求大家这次活动穿上黑色白色的上衣。大家必须保持冷静严肃。请别在活动进行当中开玩笑,大声说话或喊叫。

如上一次说过,所有BOC请于十一点钟在Westminster地铁站会面。然后十二点钟我们一起走向集合地点Sanctuary。三十分钟活动介绍后,于十二点半钟,我们及一百至二百位的支持者会步向内政部门口递交信件。活动地图已附上。

请阁下在活动过后多逗留一小时以便商讨日后活动。地点有待确认。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-7-2009 11:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
相关报导。

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/7/19/focus/4347668&sec=focus

Sunday July 19, 2009A stateless limboEurofile by CHOI TUCK WO
FOR Anne and Philip, their wedding next month should be the happiest day of their lives.
Yet, amid the joy of marrying the person she loves, the bride-to-be is filled with a tinge of sadness as the big day approaches.
By a cruel twist of fate, the Penang-born lass has found herself “trapped” in what can only be described as the most painful of circumstances – a stateless limbo.

And Anne certainly does not want to be seen as marrying her British fiancé just to gain UK nationality.
“I want to fight for British citizenship on my own. That will be my best wedding present,” said an emotionally-charged Anne.
The lovestruck lady is part of a group of an estimated 500 to 1,000 British Overseas Citizens (BOCs) in Britain who have renounced their Malaysian citizenships in order to apply for BOC passports.
These ex-Malaysian nationals are mostly from Penang and Malacca who acquired the BOC status by virtue of being born in the two former British colonies before 1983.
But they are now stuck in a quandary. Having given up their Malaysian passports, they have been told their BOC passports do not entitle them to full British citizenship.
In other words, they have no legal status in Britain. They can visit their families in Malay sia on 30-day tourist visas but with no guarantee of re-entering the UK using their BOC passports.
For instance, one BOC who returned to Penang on a social visit visa was turned away three times when he tried to re-enter Britain.
Being stateless, he was forced to spend the next two years flying between Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and Korea, continuously renewing his visa for as short as 10 days. He finally married a Chinese girl and worked in China.
But he faces an uncertain future when his work permit expires. He may have to leave China or find himself stranded in an airport or border crossing due to the excessive number of passport stamps.
Tragic consequences
The poignant tales of the two Penangites were recounted during a pow-wow of nearly 40 BOCs at London Chinatown’s Rasa Sayang Restaurant jointly organised by London Citizens (www.londoncitizens.org.uk) and London’s Chinese Information and Advice Centre (CIAC – www.ciac.co.uk). The group planned to march to the Home Office as part of their Stateless Citizens campaign.
A member known as Dee said he arrived in the UK in 1998 and subsequently took three Masters’ programmes at Lincoln University over the years.
After spending more than £80,000 (RM480,000), including his EPF money, life savings and borrowings from family members and relatives for his studies and living costs, he found that he could not work officially in Britain. “I never thought that acquiring my BOC passport would render me de facto stateless,” said the Penangite.
Dee said he survived by doing part-time work as an architect but lost his job due to the economic downturn last year.
“We’re worse off than Malaysian overstayers. At least, they still have their passports even though their visas have expired,” he lamented.
Indeed, many BOCs have had their lives ruined by dodgy solicitors who misled them into giving up their Malaysian passports as a route to acquiring British citizenship.
Their BOC passports were found to be little more than “worthless pieces of documents” that do not entitle them to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK or British nationality.
Compassionate grounds
In fact, Malaysia (which does not recognise dual nationality) considers them as British citizens since their BOC passports are issued by Britain.
Of course, the British Home Office’s seemingly inconsistent immigration rules are largely to blame for this sorry episode.
After being given the impression that BOCs can obtain ILR, they suddenly found their applications rejected in late 2007. By then, many had given up their Malaysian passports and MyKad.
In what is seen as a test case, the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal recently dismissed the applications of 122 BOCs, one of the grounds being that they were not entitled to British citizenship.
London Citizens lead organiser Neil Jameson, however, believed the BOCs had the strongest case for amnesty because they have no citizenship at all.
“We’re making an appeal to Home Secretary Alan Johnson to regularise them based on compassionate grounds,” said Jameson, whose organisation is Britain’s biggest civil society with 130 groups comprising churches, trade unions and local associations.
CIAC’s Malaysian chairman Edmond Yeo echoed similar sentiments, drawing attention to a UK Border Agency senior officer’s response to his question on the BOC status just four days ago.
According to him, the agency’s director for simplification projects Peter Wrench had accepted that “there is a fringe British citizenship issue and that a way has to be found.”
“As far as I am concerned, it’s not like it is a closed-door thing. We will continue to lobby them,” Yeo said in reference to his question that was posed at a seminar on the migrant workforce and the UK economy on Wednes day.
Whatever the outcome, the BOCs are in a bind and probably going through one of the most traumatic experiences of their lives.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 22-7-2009 11:28 PM | 显示全部楼层
任何需要帮助的BOC人士请联络CIAC。。。

This is the organisations helping us at the moment:
London Citizens
CIAC (Chinese Information & Advice Centre)

To follow the progress of our campaign:
Strangers Into Citizens
The Stateless Citizen
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 23-7-2009 12:00 AM | 显示全部楼层
在这里分享一些个人经历。身在其中的我深深明白那种无助的心情,

但身在英国的BOC,至少你们可以,

1。申请银行户口。

2。申请NI。

3。申请NHS。

4。申请驾驶执照。

我本身在申请NI时,有被拒绝过,但我出示无国籍的证明,据理力争过后,好心的工作人员照样帮我的申请递交上去总部,他们说批不批是总部的决定。很幸运的一两星期过后我就收到了。

千万不要出境,99.9%在回程时会被拒绝入境英国。回马来西亚只可以逗留30天,然后需要不停地出境再入境更新30天签证,不能工作,只是旅游身份。但如果在国外遇到什么问题,请去英国领事馆寻求帮助。

请尽快联络CIAC (Chinese Information & Advice Centre),那里聚集了将近100位BOC,相信还有将近400位BOC在各自等待结果,请聚合起来,联合作出政治诉求,个人力量通过律师已经很难解决这个政治问题。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 23-7-2009 12:46 AM | 显示全部楼层
酱子不会很痛苦吗?
你一直都是进出30days??
旅客身份不能工做那生活费怎么办??
而且没有工做也很难 租到房子。。。
好佩服你的坚毅。
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 23-7-2009 02:33 AM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 yellowskin 于 23-7-2009 12:00 AM 发表
在这里分享一些个人经历。身在其中的我深深明白那种无助的心情,但身在英国的BOC,至少你们可以,

1。申请银行户口。
2。申请NI。
3。申请NHS。
4。申请驾驶执照。

我本身在申请NI时,有被拒绝过,但我出示 ...

原諒我八卦問一句﹐為什麼你是無國籍的?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-7-2009 10:35 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 自由王子 于 1-6-2009 10:22 PM 发表

对对对, at the end u still need working permit!
我的朋友两公婆, 去欧洲玩,老公那Boc的!到了西班牙后,不能入境! 因为需要visa! 反而老婆没事,因为老婆拿的是malaysia passport!

so BOC 只是好听 ...

请问现在你的那个朋友现在怎样了?还能联系到他吗?我们正在尝试联络所有身在英国境外的英国海外公民。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 23-7-2009 10:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 teatea84 于 23-7-2009 12:46 AM 发表
酱子不会很痛苦吗?
你一直都是进出30days??
旅客身份不能工做那生活费怎么办??
而且没有工做也很难 租到房子。。。
好佩服你的坚毅。

很好的疑问,这是一种“人为”,“政治政策”上的不人道,它并不同于天灾,战争所带来的难民问题。

原帖由 MyJason 于 23-7-2009 02:33 AM 发表

原諒我八卦問一句﹐為什麼你是無國籍的?

请看前面Star的报道。

谢谢你们的关心,如果你有认识任何BOC人士,麻烦请告诉他们可以联系我们,不需要一个人默默的承受,孤军作战。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-7-2009 12:59 AM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 yellowskin 于 23-7-2009 10:48 PM 发表

很好的疑问,这是一种“人为”,“政治政策”上的不人道,它并不同于天灾,战争所带来的难民问题。

请看前面Star的报道。

谢谢你们的关心,如果你有认识任何BOC人士,麻烦请告诉他们可以联系我们,不需 ...

那为什么还要当BOC。。。。???
介意透露下吗???
马来西亚真的那么让你们觉得不值得留下????
情愿当BOC?????
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 24-7-2009 07:42 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 32# teatea84 的帖子

应该这样讲,如果不是所谓的专业人士"律师"肯定的答复,又或可以预见现在这样的情形,试问又有谁要去申请呢?

另一方面,马来西亚"铁面无私"的认为你是英国人,你可以开开心心地旅游大马,无认欢迎,但30天后请你离开。

另一方面,英国认为你还是大马"公民",所以拒绝归化你英国海外公民为英国公民。

所以这已经演变为政治问题。一是通过特别法律条规来特殊处理,二是通过立法会修改法令来一次性解决问题。

因为法律条规的设计有着暇疵,500个人由正常人转变为不正常,几个律师得到过百万的生意额与做实验的机会,相关部门得以知道法律条规的不完善,他们可以选择负责任的去解决这个现实存在的问题,也可以选择看不到,五点到就下班松人。

一个选择,500个人可以变回正常人。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 24-7-2009 08:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
好艰难。。。
希望所有BOC都可以顺利获得英国公民权。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 12-10-2009 08:24 PM | 显示全部楼层
BOC不能在英國,但是可以去愛爾蘭呀!!!
http://news.epochtimes.com.tw/9/10/7/123384.htm
《里斯本條約》特別對持英國護照者有些變動。如:擁有英國國民(海外)身分者並沒有英國的居住權,但在《里斯本條約》下直接升級,享有「歐洲公民權」,即「居歐權」。當年香港所發行的英國國民(海外)護照,即可在《里斯本條約》的通過下獲利。
根據《里斯本條約》,作為歐盟公民可以在歐盟成員國打工、讀書等不受限制。◇

BNO都可以有居歐權了,比BNO高一級的BOC當然可以~~
所以由英國轉去愛爾蘭吧
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 11-11-2009 09:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20091011160813/Article Malaysians left stateless in UK in row over colonial law
2009/10/11

LONDON, Sun: Hundreds of Malaysians who tore up their passports and set off for Britain in the belief they could claim citizenship under a quirk of colonial law have found themselves stateless and desperate.
“Dee”, a trained architect from Penang, is now reduced to washing dishes in a Chinese restaurant in central London — a victim, he says, of a “citizenship that is not real.”

“I have become an illegal immigrant... actually even worse because at least they have their own country to go back to. I don’t,” the 34-year-old told AFP.

A little-known legal clause gave residents of Penang and Malacca the status of British Overseas Citizenship (BOC) when Malaysia gained independence in 1957.

Ethnic Chinese in the two regions that were part of a British colony in the former Malaya, wary of discrimination under an independent nation dominated by Muslim Malays, had sought assurances they could resort to residing in Britain.

Immigration activists say that a few hundred Malaysians took up citizenship, most of them eventually being granted the right after residing in Britain for more than five years in the 1980s and 1990s.

Immigration laws tightened up in 2002, ending any chance for Malaysian BOCs to register as British citizens.

But confusion over the change, combined with shady immigration lawyers out to make a buck, meant many Malaysians continued to pursue applications. Dee, who had seen many BOC friends successfully gain citizenship, applied in 2003.

Ben Scaro, an Australian lawyer who advocates their cause, says the situation became messier as cases were left unresolved for years, and letters sent in 2005 told applicants they could not proceed unless they showed they had lost Malaysian citizenship.

As a result, a large number of BOCs including Dee renounced their Malaysian citizenship — a process that is extremely difficult to reverse.

“I filled up the forms to renounce my citizenship and my Malaysian passport was cut up,” Dee says.

”I was told by the officials at the Malaysian High Commission here that I was no longer a Malaysian citizen.”

“What makes it worse is the British government saying it’s very hard to renounce Malaysian citizenship and declaring we are still Malaysian while the Malaysian government says we are not Malaysian anymore but British. Its crazy.”

Sealing their fate, an Asylum and Immigration tribunal in July 2008 ruled that Malaysian BOCs who have or had Malaysian citizenship do not have a right to reside in Britain.

“We are looking at a situation where nearly 1,000 Malaysians who have given up their citizenship are now BOCs but have no right to stay in the UK,” Ben Scaro said.

It also ruled that a Malaysian BOC does not lose their Malaysian citizenship by applying for a BOC passport or renunciation of Malaysian nationality.

[table][/table]“The British Home Office effectively orchestrated the BOCs’ statelessness,” Scaro said.

“It said if you can prove you are not Malaysian your case can go forward, so of course the BOCs are going to go to the Malaysian High Commission and renounce.

“And then once they had renounced, then the decision comes along, saying the BOC will no longer be a path to citizenship.” Malaysian constitutional lawyers also disagree with the British tribunal’s interpretation of Malaysian law.

“If a Malaysian has gone through the renunciation process and followed the procedure, then the person is no longer a Malaysian citizen,” prominent lawyer Malik Imtiaz Sarwar told AFP in Kuala Lumpur.

“Of course, Malaysia would not allow the citizen to renounce its citizenship without having another citizenship but as far as the government is concerned the British Overseas Citizenship, as its name implies, is another citizenship.

“If these Malaysians follow the procedures, in these circumstances, they end up being stateless.”

Edmund Yeo, a Malaysian citizen who is an elected councillor in Ealing, West London, says that only the British government can now resolve the dilemma.

“The British government gave them that right, they were born and you called them BOC in Malaysia... and now you want to remove yourself from this problem, that’s not right,” he told AFP in his office near London’s Chinatown.

“These people can be turned into very productive citizens who pay taxes.

These are not economic refugees, they did not come in the back of a lorry. They walked in the front door saying they are claiming citizenship, so give it to them.”

London Citizens, a civic group campaigning for the BOC, organised a major rally in July to urge the British government to legalise long-term illegal residents who are hardworking and contribute to society.

“People who have been here for more than four years, show evidence that they are good citizens, non-criminals, willing to contribute, we ask the government to give them a two-year work permit and during the period if they get a strong reference from their employer, we ask they be made legal,” said organiser Joy Lam.

“The Malaysian BOCs are a small group of people and they are stateless so our first priority is to try and get them indefinite leave to remain.”

However, a UK Borders Agency spokesperson, in a written response to AFP, said the government was sticking to the ruling of the tribunal.

“Being a BOC is not the same thing as having British citizenship and does not give people an automatic right to live in the UK,” she said.

“We do not believe that these individuals are stateless and the courts agreed. Anyone in the United Kingdom illegally should leave voluntarily. If they do not, they are liable to be removed.”

For Dee, the situation remains bleak. “Malaysia will not take me and I have lived in the UK for 11 years,” he said. “I am British, I have lived here for more than a third of my life and I am willing to work hard so why don’t they just let me?" - AFP
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 11-11-2009 10:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 londonwolf 于 12-10-2009 08:24 PM 发表
BOC不能在英國,但是可以去愛爾蘭呀!!!
http://news.epochtimes.com.tw/9/10/7/123384.htm
《里斯本條約》特別對持英國護照者有些變動。如:擁有英國國民(海外)身分者並沒有英國的居住權,但在《里斯本條約》下直 ...

谢谢你的资讯,但LISBON TREATY,应该是跟BOC没有关系的。

而Lisbon Treaty明年一月一日就实行了,假如真的有关系,到时就会知道。

还有对于亲戚朋友的冷言冷语,请不要看得那么重。这个世界很多时候是平衡的,有人在帮助我们的同时,自然也得承受其他人的歧视与嘲笑。每个人都一定会有帮助过人,与嘲笑过人,视乎他在哪里,什么心情,对什么人,对什么事,立场在哪一方,人生阅历有多深。。。。

不要灰心,专心做你能做的事。。。所以请联络华人资料中心!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2-3-2015 04:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/ ... 1199-residence-pass

喪失大馬國籍的boc公民可以申請大馬的resident pass. 每五年續期一次,期間在大馬可以自由居住工作不受限制!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 8-5-2017 04:27 PM | 显示全部楼层
各位BOC, 现在怎么了?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 13-5-2017 07:11 PM | 显示全部楼层
这贴那么久了还在。
其实变成无国籍之后,还挺惊讶这些人还是宁可非法逗留英国洗碗都不愿意非法回马做更高级的工(毕竟语言相通,有家人亲戚朋友可依靠和介绍工作,怎样都比单身寡人留在那里强)不明白这些人在想什么。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 20-4-2024 02:33 AM , Processed in 0.060571 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.