发表于 12-2-2019 12:26 PM
https://www.worldhealthsummit.or ... ash-university.html
1. Brief History
Monash University is Australia's largest university with approximately 60,000 students from over 170 countries.
Named after engineer, military leader and public administrator Sir John Monash, Monash University was established by an Act of Parliament in 1958. It was the first university established in the state of Victoria in over 100 years.
The early vision was to create a research-focused tertiary institution with an emphasis on science and technology. The focus on research excellence remained; still the growth from technology/science specialists to general university was rapid. It was accelerated by a merger with Chisholm Institute in 1990, which saw the Caulfield and Peninsula campuses become a part of the University.
A year later the Victorian College of Pharmacy entered into a partnership with Monash that brought Parkville into the portfolio of campuses.
Outstanding persons include:
Monash graduates who are currently leaders in their fields include:
1.. Boediono, Vice President of Indonesia
2. Peter Costello, longest-serving Treasurer of Australia
3. Simon Crean, former Australian Leader of the Opposition
4. David de Kretser, former Governor of Victoria
5. Robert Doyle, Lord Mayor of Melbourne
6. Ian MacFarlane, Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia (1996–2006)
7. Marlene Moses, United Nations Ambassador for Nauru
8. Bill Shorten, Australian Leader of the Opposition
9. Marilyn Warren, Chief Justice of Victoria
10.Lim Guan Eng, Chief Minister of the State of Penang, Malaysia
Prominent current staff members at Monash include:
John Brumby, former Premier of Victoria
Raymond Finkelstein, former Justice of the Federal Court of Australia
George Hampel, former Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria
John Thwaites, former Deputy Premier of Victoria and Minister for the Environment
Christopher Weeramantry, former Vice-President of the International Court of Justice